- Analogue Interactive is taking pre-orders on the Analogue NT, a redesigned NES system that accepts all add-ons and games from the NES and Famicom. The system is cast from aluminum alloy and can be yours for the small price of...$500!? Well, maybe it's a bit more of a novelty...
- Sony has created a 185 TB cassette tape. For data storage. Apparently archival organizations still use tape for storage so this isn't really available to the general public. Nor would you have a device in your house to use it anyway.
- Despite his continued resistance to the mobile market, Nintendo head-honcho Satoru Iwata has said that Nintendo is going to be making new consoles from ground up rather than focus on making cheaper WiiUs and 3DS systems.
- Apple is planning to buy Beats, the company behind the shitty overpriced Beats by Dre headphones, for $3.2 billion. Presumably so they can sell or package shitty overpriced headphones with their overrated, technologically inferior shitty cell phones.
- It's official. I've received a personal e-mail and the news broke that Netflix is increasing it's prices by a dollar a month for all new members. Anyone who is a current member gets to keep their price locked in for two years.
- Tales from the Borderlands is slated for a summer release and the first screenshots are now live! I am excite! It's a big week for Telltale as The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 3 goes live next week as well.
- I hope to God this game succeeds after reading this story. Activision is spending a reported HALF A BILLION DOLLARS on Destiny! Billion! With a "B"!
- Hopefully a bit of fortune for the WiiU is on it's way as Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 will drop in Japan this summer.
- I guess Activision isn't the only company going money crazy this week. Square-Enix's Romancing Saga series turned 25 this week and you can celebrate by buying a commemorative plate! For the low price of $60 - $10,000, you too can own a piece of gaming history!
- It's official...again. Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn's Indiegogo campaign has been fully funded. I HAVE to play this game! I'm in the minority that enjoyed the original Shaq-Fu but maybe that's because I was 7...
In other news, EA and DICE have created an environment for players to do their jobs for them...I mean "better receive player feedback" in their Community Test Environment for Battlefield 4 and NBC proves yet again that TV executives are completely out of touch by the changes they wanted made to the script of The Walking Dead show when Robert Kirkman and Frank Darabont originally pitched it to them.