- In a bit of news that sounds like it could end up a little bit sketchy, Google has purchased an aerial drone company. Google is sometimes good and sometimes bad, so we'll see.
- Capcom is investing $78 million in 2 new research and development buildings. I'll give 'em the first couple pieces of advice for free. Quit trying to make Resident Evil like Gears of War and quit with the on-disc DLC.
- A lot of juicy news came out for Tales from the Borderlands. #iamexcite
- If you haven't wasted $60 already, The Last of Us Remastered has a release date of June 20th.
- Sony has announced PlayStation-Now enabled Bravia 4K TVs. This announcement also included information about rental prices for the PlayStation-Now service. Based on the price tags for just the TVs, I'll wait until the next big thing past 4K comes out.
- I didn't even know what a modular smartphone was until this announcement but apparently Google has one coming out early next year.
- Microsoft has given bare-bones information on an upcoming Age of Empires title for mobile devices. No word on how much you can spend on microtransactions.
- I guess even though the systems are now out of print, they're still making peripherals for the Wii as a new Princess Peach Wii remote is coming to the states in a few days.
- Sony sold it's entire stock in Square-Enix. Apparently it's all financial trouble on Sony's end and not the fact that Square didn't realize until a couple weeks ago that, holy shit, people still like tradtional JRPGs! Despite these troubles, Sony has still managed to move 7 million PlayStation 4s.
- It's now been officially announced that the Mana series as well as the SaGa series' corpses will be tarted up like $3 hookers and given the free-to-play treatment. I weep for these franchises...
- In Call of Dog Doody news this week, two DLC voice packs have been announced. One with Snoop Dogg and one with R. Lee Emery. Which is actually pretty fucking cool.
- Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn is up to 2 million registered. That's not to say they're all still active accounts but good for Square-Enix for not managing to cock up the reboot.
- If you catch this before the end of the day, both GameStop and PlayStation Network have flash sales going on. GameStop is buy 2 used games get one free and the PlayStation Store has 30 titles marked down to a buck.
- Fun Fact: Over 1/3 of the games purchased on Steam have never been played. I think my stat is closer to 90%. Damn sales...