What was once known as WARNING: INCOMING RANT's Week-In has undergone a bit of a name change. Since I don't really rant much in my news briefs, I've decided to rename the segment "News Surf". Let's catch the wave of the week in nerd news! Via IGN
- The Disney hit movie Frozen will hit the ice this summer as an "on ice" special. Makes perfect sense.
- Sony is bringing the PlayStation 4 to China.
- EA has announced Battlefield: Hardline. Wait, did they ever fix the problems with Battlefield 4? Well, at least enough to include microtransactions...
- We may see another set of Pokemon re-releases with news that Nintendo has trademarked Pokemon Delta Emerald.
- If you have PSPlus, you're in luck because now the service is offering TWO free games in the month of June!
- Telltale continues to milk their smash hit money cows of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us as both are headed to Xbox One and PS4.
- Delays abound this week as The Order: 1886, and The Evil Within both are delayed until 2015 and October respectively. Also, hope you weren't planning on getting that Steam Machine for Christmas...
- A Watch Dogs PR campaign went horribly awry and a bomb squad was called in to deal with it. Much like Aqua Teen Hunger Force before it.
- If the D-O-Double G wasn't enough, now you can play as Shrek in League of Legends.
- Glenn Beck thinks that Watch Dogs teaches people to hack in real life. Fox, why do you make it so easy for gamers to hate you?
- We may see a new Mortal Kombat game soon. HARPOONGA!
- Despite them pulling the mode last week, Titanfall now has capture the flag back.
Elsewhere, we also find that GameStop has seen a surge in interest since the Xbox One Kinectless was announced (duh.) and if you share too much on Facebook, it may indicate that you are lonely. I'd imagine most people who spend too much time on the 'net are lonely but still.
That's all for this week! Tune in next week for another wave of news!