Quite the variety of interesting stories this week from gaming addiction, to gaming against the law and a bit of news out of IO. Surf's up! Via GameInformer
- A bunch of science-y mumbo-jumbo says to not let your kids play so damn many video games.
- They're coming out with a Halo Spartan Motorcycle helmet. Now I want one even more.
- Square-Enix does what Square-Enix does best and re-releases the Nintendo DS classic The World Ends with You. Now available on the Google Play Store for...$18? Seriously Square? Really? *Checks amazon.com* Huh. Well, maybe it's rarer than I thought it was. Even still, no Final Fantasy VII remake.
- Google gives a sneak peek at the upcoming version of Android. No sugar-related title as of yet.
- Razer is bringing out an Android powered "micro console". Because that hasn't been tried before.
- Chrome OS and Android devices will soon have more interconnectivity. Because they needed that apparently.
- Ubisoft brings cash-grabbing through pre-orders to a new low with a gashapon style slot machine that awards bits of extra swag for pre-ordering Assassin's Creed Unity.
- In Japan, online gaming is serious business. If you get caught cheating, you can get busted by the cops.
- The next World of Warcraft expansion's beta keys are starting to appear.
- In one of the most spectacular displays of cognitive dissonance I've ever seen, Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft's Xbox Division said of the Kinect, "Consumers love the device. They'll buy it.". That joke writes itself.
- The Oculus Rift team bought out Carbon Design, best known for their design of the Xbox 360 controller.
- Much like having a law in this state the prohibiting x-rays from being a way to try on shoes, the city of Oakland California has officially lifted it's 80 year pinball machine ban.
- DICE isn't sure why their fans love Battlefield: Bad Company so much. Neither am I really. I've never played one.
And finally, if you missed my Most Overrated Game of 2013 but buy into the hype and haven't got a PS4 yet, fear not! Amazon has a listing for a PS4/Last of Us bundle.
Wave's out! See you guys next week!