We had a pretty good wave come through this week. We had a little good, a little bizarre, a little bad and a little cringe worthy. Let's jump right in to the best news of this week!
- Microsoft sure wants to move those Xbox One systems. They're now offering $75 of Xbox Live credit to "their most loyal customers" to upgrade from a 360 to a One.
- The upcoming horror game Evil Within is being censored...in Japan of all places. This is coming from the country that produced Ichi the Killer and Battle Royale. I'm not going to include links to those. Google it.
- Newegg.com and iBUYPOWER are joining forces to produce a custom configurator. Since I didn't even know what the hell that meant until I read the article, basically they're giving you a template to build a custom rig which will then be shipped to your house. The layman won't know which brands are good and which aren't but we do! Check out our service for that here! A shameless plug that would make Mick Foley proud.
- Microsoft once again doesn't have their game plan together as it was stated by one of their own that Xbox One systems can't become development kits as they originally said. Then they reneged on that too. C'mon guys. This just looks sloppy and makes people lose faith in you.
- Starting July 15th, you can use Kinect on your PC! For $100 more than the Xbox version. I'd almost be willing to bet my left nut not one PC gamer gives two shits and a holler about the Kinect. Almost. I only make bets that I know I'll win. There might be, like, one dude who cares just to be different. You never know.
- A neat homebrew fighting game paying homage to the Sega Master System is now available for download.
- As if you couldn't get enough of it if you had kids, Japan is getting a Frozen themed PlayStation 4. Love is a PS Fooooooouuuuur!
- In a bit of frightening news, GameStop is interested in getting their fingers into the game development pie and is working with developers on pre-order content that would be exclusive to the games retail giant. This immediately set off red flags all over the internet and they claim that they wouldn't directly affect the creative process but are focused on giving their customers what they want/value. I thought it was ridiculous when retailers started getting exclusive tracks on CDs but I think this might be something sinister brewing.
- Gearbox just announced their next game, a first-person MOBA.
- After the April Fool's update, apparently there might be more Homestar Runner content coming.
That's all for now! See you guys next week!