Even though the wave isn't that big, we still have some good bits of news for you this week! Via GameInformer
- A wild Tekken appeared! The seventh installment is now confirmed complete with trailer.
- Before this week, I was unaware of the fact that Nintendo had a rewards program but I guess they do. Apparently you can get some pretty cool goodies from it.
- Microsoft is restructuring it's vision for the TV machine they released last year as Xbox Entertainment Studios is set to close down. Almost all of the bullshit they talked at the 2013 E3 is gone now. But hey, the Xbox One is at least selling now right?
- Id Software has released bits of info on a new Doom game. Called Doom. Like the first one. Studios really need to stop doing that.
- Three new characters are confirmed playable in the upcoming Smash Bros. game. Two Fire Emblem folks I've never heard of and FALCON PUNCH!
- Prep your feels, the next chapter in Season 2 of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead drops next week.
- In the big game controversy this week, it came to light that the top 25% of YouTubers have received monetary compensation in exchange for coverage thus confirming that some of the payoff rumors that the Internet has been screaming about for years are indeed true.
- Keiji Inafune has heard the demand for a new Mega Man Legends style game. While nothing is planned, he hears the fans' cries.
- Apparently even dictators aren't above acting like spoiled actresses. Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega is suing Activision for what amounts to basically royalties for his depiction in Black Ops 2
- The European Commission is putting the kibosh on Google calling games with in-app purchases free come September. Largely to protect parents. Here's an idea, don't let your fucking kids dick with your mobile device unattended!
Elsewhere around the web, yet another PC to mobile streaming device is in the works according to Nvidia and we have a bit more info on Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It's a mobile game that explores some of the series iconic battles! Yay! With microtransactions! Boo!
That's it for now, see ya next week!