Amidst all the craziness that exists in the gaming world right now, we continue to bring you the best news in the week's wrap-up! Here we go! Via The Niche Gamer
- The rumors were made official...
— Xbox (@Xbox) September 15, 2014
- Sony has a bit of a mixed opinion about the Vita but still plans on supporting the platform for the foreseeable future even if it won't be getting any new first party titles. I keep hearing that the Vita doesn't have a great library but picking one up recently I'm enjoying it.
- Square-Enix has made a "Typing of the Dead"-esque game for mobile in Japan with the Final Fantasy tag on it of course. As if that series needed any more prostituting for mobile.
- A list of upcoming PlayStation titles leaked ahead of the Tokyo Game Show which concludes today. It included such titles as Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Grand Theft Auto V, Uncharted 4 and Resident Evil Revelations 2.
- We got a little bit more information on Metal Gear Solid V but not a whole lot...
- Speaking of Square again, they decided to twist the knife a little bit more announcing Shinra Technologies, a cloud gaming service. How this differs from Dive In (essentially a streaming service) which I covered last week is unknown.
Via Game Revolution
- An aspiring young gentleman by the name of Ed Zarick has created what he has deem the XBOOK ONE. An Xbox One converted into a laptop type device. It's pretty cool.
- If you haven't bought an Xbox One and plan to, wait until Christmas. An insider says an exciting bundle is coming.
- Some dope-ass Mortal Kombat X controllers art has been released and they look like old-school SEGA controllers. Awesome!
- Remember how I complained about how Hideo Kojima teased a new Metal Gear collection last week? Turns out he swerved us better than Vince Russo (wrestling reference. The one smark that reads will get it.). It's a clothing line. Yep. You read that right.
- We will finally get a taste of Final Fantasy XV when Type-0 drops as a voucher for the demo will be included with the game. Hell yeah!
- Tetsuya Nomura has stepped down as the director of Final Fantasy XV in order to focus more on development of Kingdom Hearts III. I don't know if that's good news or bad news.
In our quite robust potpourri section this week:
- Microsoft is working on Xbox streaming to internet browsers - Blue's News
- SanDisk has rolled out the first ever 512 GB SD card. Who knows how long it will be before we have hardware that can support it. - VR World
- Super Smash Bros. release date rumors swirl as leaked trailer reveals release date. - Videogamer.com
- The cult adventure classic Shadowgate has had it's kickstarted HD update released on GOG.com for a limited launch price of $15.99 with a bunch of extra stuff! - Operation Rainfall
- Some jackass is saying video games with domestic violence. - Gamer Headlines
- Nintendo has advertised the PlayStation Vita on Twitter. Apparently this is the second time they've done this with the exact same video. They do a better job advertising the damn thing than Sony does. - Gimme Gimme Games