There may not have been a lot of mind-blowing announcements this week but I have a veritable plethora of geeky news for you, what with the San Diego Comic Con having happened. Let's jump right in! Via IGN
- Undead horror fans, bust out your boomsticks! Bruce Campbell will be starring in the upcoming Evil Dead TV series! GROOVY!
- I'm pretty sure that this went without saying but Dragon Age Keep, the companion tool to recreate choices from previous Dragon Age games, has been delayed along with the upcoming title.
- A stunning 4.6 million players took part in the beta for Bungie's upcoming opus, Destiny. Read what I thought about it here.
- The PlayStation Now service is in open beta for PS4 users. Though the prices are slightly lower, reactions are still pretty negative. They were also vague about putting older PSX and PS2 titles on the service in the future. Come on guys, don't do the "one step forward, two steps back" shit. You're doing really well right now. Keep it that way.
- A friend of mine called this over a year ago but he was off by one. Sony reveals that PS4 units have outsold Xbox One units 3:1.
- I was a bit misled by the title of this article, thinking it was akin to some Xbox One offline mode bullshit but I guess in an effort to make sure people aren't pushing their mobile data limits Google has added an "offline games" section to the Play Store. That's why you should go with T-Mobile. You wouldn't have to worry about a data cap.
- I have no idea how the fuck this is even possible but apparently less than half of GameStop's customers know about trades. At my local shop they answer the phone "Thank you for calling GameStop where you can trade in your used games this is [so and so] how can I help you?".
- PlayStation Plus is knocking it out of the park this month adding Dragon's Crown to it's PS Plus free lineup! If you haven't played it yet, pick this one up!
- Even Xbox Games with Gold has a solid offering with Dishonored and Strike Suit Zero this month!
Via Escapist Magazine
- Adam Reed, creator of the hit series Archer, has said that the show will have a return to form for Season 6.
- At their San Diego Comic Con panel, Bioware revealed some more info on the next Mass Effect enrty including some screens and the design of the new Mako.
- Sony's games division is still going strong with the company already figuring ways to reduce production costs on the PlayStation 4.
- Square-Enix has a 14 day free trial running of Final Fantasy XIV running for PC users. They also announced a Recruit-a-Friend campaign and what perks can be gained from it.
- One of the more interesting stories this week was that EA announced a Netflix-esque subscription service for Xbox One. This will net you access to many of their popular titles as well as discounts in the Origin Store. It sounds like a decent deal on the surface but we'll have to see how it progresses. With EA, I'm always skeptical. Sony, in turn, dismissed the service saying "[it] doesn't represent good value to PlayStation users".
In a bit of news I missed from last week, the new Kim Kardashian mobile game is raking is STUPID amounts of money, AMC has an extremely vague trailer for an upcoming Walking Dead mobile game and finally, Telltale has confirmed a Season 3 of their smash hit adventure series based on same.
Thanks for the minute of your time! See you guys next week!