[Author's Note: This was ready to go for Sunday afternoon but I hit "save" instead of "schedule". I suppose it's just as well, people should be getting back into town now after camping anyway. Hope you all had a good Labor Day Weekend!]
We're back this week with a much meatier week in news. With Pax Prime going on this weekend, we're bound to have even more come next week. Let's jump right in!
- Turns out the sale of Twitch to Google was not finalized as it came out this week that Amazon bought the streaming service.
- If you decided to get the Destiny on the PlayStation side, a list of timed exclusive goodies has come out.
- A(nother) new 3DS model has been announced by Nintendo. It has a bit of a redesign and has a C stick like GameCube controllers. Wonder why that might be...also, apparently if you're a lazy parent who doesn't want to monitor what you kids see on the internet, you can add a parental filter for a small fee.
- If you're like me and have old school game systems hooked up to your HD TV, most of the games look like shit. Luckily, the guys at My Life in Gaming have a tutorial on how you might fix that but the process does require spending a bit of money.
- Rumor has it that the full roster of the new Super Smash Bros. has leaked. Nintendo, being who they are, are scrambling to get any screenshots and videos taken down.
- Hironobu Sakaguchi, the mind behind Final Fantasy, has a new game coming out and if the game sells 2 million copies he'll port it to consoles. So if you want a console release, make sure you buy the mobile version! Because that's not backwards thinking at all.
- Mega Max X is having a good week as Mega Man X4 and X5 are coming to PS3 and PS Vita soon as well as X3 hitting the shelves of the WiiU Virtual Console.
- EA states it will make over $1 billion (with a "b") on DLC alone this year. Yup. That's how used to DLC we've become. So I don't want to hear anyone say that $60 is too much for a video game these days because we pay more than that in the end anyhow.
- Bungie has nixed player-to-player trade in Destiny. No reason really as to why which is kind of frustrating. It makes to where you'll certainly have to grind more if someone gets something you want/need from a strike mission but that's about all I see it doing really.
- Collaborations! Namco is making a Tekken style Pokemon fighting game. Like you fight Pokemon but in Tekken. That sounds promising. Speaking of, did Tekken vs. Street Fighter ever get released?
- The guys at CDProjecktRed have expanded gog.com to include movies.
Elsewhere on the web, Microsoft charges you an extra $50 if you decide to buy a Kinect later (why would you) and Telltale has released it's first teaser for their Game of Thrones title!
Thanks for the minute of your time! See ya next week!